The meanderings and mindset of a 62 years young woman who is still trying to find her way.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

59 and counting!!!!!!


Well !it' official this is my last week of being 59 until the big one hits. I used to think of 60 year old people as being elderly people who I had nothing in common with. Now low and behold here I am. I really don't know how I got here. Somehow the years kept passing and I kept getting older and older and my kids kept getting older and now I am approaching 60 years old. Wow I can't even comprehend it. Don't get me wrong, it is not all bad. I don't think that I would want to go back if I could because there is some peace and serenity to aging and I no longer worry about what people think of me because I am at peace with who I am and what life is all about. I have made a 60 year old resolution to go back to exercising and living healthy but also enjoying life to it's fullest. It is very cliche but I am going to stop and smell the roses and take no shit from anyone to put it literally. So I will bid 59 a fond adieu and go into my 60's with vim and vigor and a strong positive attitude!

3 comments:

NorCalMrs said...

Uh oh!!! Glad you are positive!! I think you're only as old as you feel...so I'm about 90. Exercise is great in the fight against aging. Wish I was there to work out with you guys too!

Red Rover said...

I know that you will be here in spirit and heck it won't hurt nearly as much!

NorCalMrs said...

Yeah, that is the good part...I'll just imagine myself working out with you.....hahaha