The meanderings and mindset of a 62 years young woman who is still trying to find her way.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Exercise, Exercise!



This is the continuation of the I am going to be 60 saga and going to get into better shape. I have joined a new fitness facility and have worked out twice in the last week. I am starting out very, very slow so that I don't pull something or hurt myself in any way. I am a firm believer that exercise is the key to longevity and quality of life. I have been very very lax for the past year and a half as far as exercising. I attributed this to the stress of my dad's illness and the constant travel back and forth and just general fatigue associated with everything, whereas had I been exercising it probably would have made coping a little better. Sometimes things are just a "catch 22' but I am through making excuses and am going to really get back into the shape that I was a few years ago when I worked out with a trainer and lost a lot of weight and felt so much better. This time the weight loss is not primary but just getting in shape. The weight will take care of itself if I exercise regularly. I am really looking forward to spring so that I can start walking again. Well I will continue to report on my progress and everyone say a little prayer that I continue down this road.

3 comments:

NorCalMrs said...

I need to start working out again too...ugh!!!Now that I have more time on my hands...or will have more time...I need to do that too!

The Hurtt Family said...

Good for you Anne !!!!! I need that kind of motovation in my life right now. You always inspire me. You are one wonderful friend and lady. I pray for you everyday and I thank God for a friend like you everyday. Hang in there....You CAN do it.

mrs. A said...

Mrs. W, I totally hear you on the exercise front! :) I just wish we could eat all the sweets we wanted and as soon as we go to sleep at night, it just disappears...heh I guess that's my big dream. Until then, I've got to get my bum to the gym and work off those cupcakes! :P