The meanderings and mindset of a 62 years young woman who is still trying to find her way.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A Milestone!

Well, I made it through another birthday yesterday. They just keep coming and coming and coming. A conflicting time for me, happy and sad. My birthday was yesterday, March 7th and my mother who passed away a couple of years ago's birthday is today the 8th. There is something about sharing a special date throughout your life with someone else and when that someone is your mother you take it for granted until they are gone. It just causes a little more reflection around that time. On a happier note I am still having them which is better than the alternative. My best gift to my mom would be not to be sad but to celebrate the person that she was and she could be a pill! I am so looking forward to spring again and the beauty of Minnesota that time of the year.

5 comments:

NorCalMrs said...

Sure do miss Grandma! She was a pill, that's for sure....but she was a funny lady!! Maybe we'll have to start a new tradition on your birthday where we take a trip every year...so you can start having new memories!! Come out here!! Visit me!! :)

mrs. A said...

Mrs. W... have a cupcake with ice cream today. that always makes me feel better :) and yes, come out to visit NorCalMrs and we can have a BBQ at her new pad! :)

NorCalMrs said...

ooooh, a BBQ!!! Yay!! That sounds good! You better come out here before Jen moves away! :( Boooo!

Yes, cupcakes and ice cream always make me feel better too!

Red Rover said...

How can I miss with a lively group like yours. Anyway I am done with the birthday yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NorCalMrs said...

Well, you still better come out here anyway! :)