The meanderings and mindset of a 62 years young woman who is still trying to find her way.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

California Memories!



I cannot leave California without paying homage to the great luxuries they have to offer particularly in the form of food. These are a few of my favorites:
This is my all time favorite: Pinkberry! The absolute best frozen yogurt in the world, a class above all of the rest topped with the freshest fruits of your choice and mochi toppings, along with various other toppings. If you get to California put this on your list of must have. The yogurt is unique in sweetness vs tartness. It is the best!

OK the next one is another fave "Sprinkles", not so much because of taste (don't get me wrong the taste is wonderful also) but is more about the presentation of these large gems. They are truly a work of art and worth the $3+ price. The store is bright, tantalizing and worth the fairly long wait. There is usually a crowd which adds to the hype. Oh and did I mention that they have organic milk that you can purchase. I mean my God what is better than milk and cupcakes????








OK now I have saved the best for last. The next is a restaurant in Newport Beach called the Crab Cooker. If you are ever near Newport Beach look this restaurant up and go! It is in the old (and I mean very old) Bank of America building. This building is a relic in it's own right and lends itself to the overall feeling of the establishment. They specialize in crab cake, clam chowder, many fish selections and potatoes that are made on an open grill. they are like potato balls with cheese and actually cooked on an open grill. They serve alcohol also. This is a must experience if you love seafood and love the beach!



No comments: